Here at Equips, we really like to eat. We even have a Microsoft Teams chat called Foodie Club where we talk about what we will be making for dinner, our favorite restaurants, and fun recipes. Here are a few recipes you can try for yourself.
Spicy, Spicy Chili
– Jansen Imhoff, Marketing Coordinator
- 1 lb. of ground beef or venison
- 1 15 oz. can of black beans
- 1 15 oz. can of kidney beans
- 3 15 oz. cans of diced tomatoes (two jalapenos, one garlic)
- 3 6oz. cans of tomato paste
- 8 oz. of sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 6 oz. can of black olives (optional)
- 7 oz can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 Yellow onion (1/2 onion will also work, I just really enjoy onion)
- Brown beef in a saucepan. Add your favorite spicey seasoning. Drain the grease.
- Slice up the onion, olives, and mushrooms as needed.
- Throw everything in your slow cooker for four hours, season to taste.
Pumpkin Bars from the Heavens
– Linda Schwirtz, Senior Operations Specialist
- 2 cups pumpkin
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 12 tsp salt
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Mix all. Bake bars at 350 degrees for 25 minutes in a greased and floured 13 x 15 pan (jelly roll pan).
- 2. Mix frosting ingredients together and spread over cooled bars.
Beth’s Famous Pumpkin Bread
– Beth Gettig, Vice President
- 1 (15 ounces) can pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- ⅔ cup water
- 3 cups white sugar
- 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 7×3 inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, water, and sugar until well blended. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger. Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended. Pour into the prepared pans.
- Bake for about 50 minutes in the preheated oven. Loaves are done when the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
The Quarterly Newsletter | Fall 2021 Articles
- Message from the CEO – Banks Struggle to Find Employees: 3 Ways to Gain and Retain Your Staff
- Product Update – The Latest and Greatest Technology Features
- Pet Update – Extreme Makeover: Chunky Cat Edition
- Fall Recipes – Spicy, Spicy Chili, Beth’s Famous Pumpkin Bread, Pumpkin Bars from the Heavens
- Games & Prizes – Email your completed Word Search to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Webinar Registration – New Features & Benefits on Equips App